Our Route

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Planes!

I think it is my turn to say hi and write my first ever blog post!

Time is definitely passing quickly and there is a whole lot of studying, shopping and packing that’s got to happen in the next 2 weeks. As Emily mentioned, my last exam is about 24 hours before our flight leaves to Peru, so yes- save the date- there is some Montreal fun to be had on the 25th!

Today is a convenient day to write my first blog (okay, I kind of planned it like this) - because I went skydiving! It was my first time. We jumped from 13,500 feet, free falling for 50 seconds, and then coasted down on the parachute for about 8 minutes. The free falling is fast, but you don’t get that rollercoaster stomach-dropping sensation. I highly recommend the experience!

So two weeks today, Emily and I will be boarding another slightly bigger plane. I am getting really excited for Peru, but there are a bunch of things I am nervous about (I happen to have had a lecture on parasites, malaria and other fun things in the past week). But, all in all I know it is going to be the best experience. I am excited to post all about everywhere we go and have a travel journal at the end for Emily and I. While I have not spent much time reading about our destinations, I plan on printing some wikitravel stuff out for the plane rides.

Speak to you soon...from Peru!

2 comments:

  1. PS - Click on the pictures to see them full-sized (its worth it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BE COOLER. I DARE YOU! Sucks I won't be here for the festivities on the 25th BUT I look forward to reading your travel updates from Peru!

    ReplyDelete